Develop your business with Canada
The EU Commission, in cooperation with the European Union Chamber of Commerce in Canada, is organising a round table for SMEs to mark four years since CETA’s provisional entry into force. SMEs will hear from other European companies’ experience in leveraging the agreement to enter the Canadian market and learn about the opportunities created by CETA, as well as get practical input from experts on how to tap into resources such as the EU’s Access2Markets portal and Enterprise Europe Network (EEN).
CETA is an ambitious and inclusive free trade agreement (FTA) that covers virtually all sectors and aspects of EU-Canada trade. Since September 2017, its broad scope offers a full range of benefits and advantages for EU businesses including SMEs in a wide range of sectors. Thanks to CETA, SMEs can leverage preferential access and reduced barriers to help grow their business. FTAs, like CETA, are now more important than ever in advancing businesses’ economic recovery during the COVID-19 pandemic and in helping SMEs grow their businesses globally.
- Introduction : New opportunities for SMEs under the Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement
- Part 1 : Roundtable “How to better promote new trade opportunities for EU SMEs?” with SMEs representatives and EU companies
- Part 2 : Resources Workshop - Tools available to help European companies enter the Canadian market
- How to access the Canadian market?
- Presentation of Access2Markets portal and ROSA tool
- How can Enterprise Europe Network help EU SMEs trade with Canada?
- How can national Trade Promotion Authorities help SMEs to internationalise?
Jean-Philippe Mergen, Director Export - Enterprise Europe Brussels at BECI